Tuesday, August 3, 2010

London...last one...









Here are some photos from the HUGE British Museum...
We went to 3 of the exhibits and didn't even scratch the surface of what they have in there, we loved it!



Statue from Easter Island

The Rosetta Stone!


The Greek Exhibit: They don't like wearing clothes in here...

Aphrodite


I think this was Venus (look how Greek I am with my gladiator sandals)


Dionysius

????just a cool picture









The Egypt exhibit (I think a lot of the stuff at the Frist Egypt Exhibit came from here):





There was SO much more to this exhibit but it was hard to photograph because most of it was behind glass...mummies, food that was put in the tomb with the mummies, tools, even some kids sandals that looked like ones you could get today. It was so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that we were looking at things that were at least 3000 years old. It was really cool.


On our last night we went to a pub to eat something you can't really go to London and not eat....fish and chips...it was delicious.


I ate that whole plate....just thinking about it makes my pants feel a little tighter...

Before we went back to the hotel for the night we went to the street that Harrod's is on, never found it because we got to tired from the long day....but we did see these lovely buildings while waiting for the bus to go back to the hotel.



And thats London!!



Up next, the journey through France to Paris and the first night in Paris...I cannot WAIT to hear the reactions from this one...






No comments:

Post a Comment